Query: patchnote found 759 results
16th May 2022
Several performance improvements have been made.
- Greatly reduced the stutter in the client when streaming additional world assets.
- Client should no longer load and unload resources along world borders excessively.
- Improved client network responsiveness.
- Fixed an issue causing line of sight checks over short objects to not work properly.
14th May 2022
Faction Conflict Pillar event locations have received a significant upgrade! Along with altered layouts they now feature 3 control points instead of just one. Events will be disabled for a short time until setup is fully completed. Other patch notes are listed below.
7th May 2022
We're excited to announce that factions 1.0 is now live! Players can now join up and begin fighting for True Britannians, Shadowlords, or Minax. Details of this system and the changes brought by this update are in the link below.
6th May 2022
Come one, come all! Lord British's League of Honorable Merchants welcomes you to participate in Sosaria's first live auction! Join us at The Guiding Hand in the quiet town of Skara Brae on the night of May the 21st, at 8pm EST! Merchants bring your most valuable wares and buyers unlock your coffers! Spectators Welcome!
Limit 5 Items per person. May be extended depending on number of submissions.
Minimum reserve is 10k. This means Items must be worth 10k or more. No Junk please!
A 10% tax will be assessed to Lord British at the time the item is received.
Submission cutoff on 5/20/22 at 11:00pm.
What to do: Submit your Items via the Auctioneer's Asstant at The Guiding Hand in Skara Brae and make sure to include your reserve price! If your item isn't sold, the item can be immediately returned to you or you will have the option to roll it into the next auction. Gold and Items will be exchanged by Lord British himself after each item is sold! Let the bidding wars commence!
5th May 2022
The following patch is scheduled to go out later today on 5/5/22
House Storage & Decorations Out of Bounds:
- Fixed an issue causing house Max Storage/Lockdown calculations to be incorrect in some cases reducing the total storage allowed by error
- Fixed an issue causing house Used Storage/Lockdown calculations to be incorrect in some cases, allowing players to add items to containers even if it would put the house over it's storage limit
- Note: this may cause your storage amount to be updated and over the limit after this has update if you have too many items in your house
- Fixed issues with house decorations being able to be placed out of bounds in some cases
- As a result of this correction, objects that are out of bounds may be moved to the House Moving Crate that can be retrieved from the house menu
- Houses placed before this change are considered Grandfathered and any pre-existing objects that are within a 1-unit radius around the house will remain, however newly placed objects will not be able to be decorated out of bounds & moving the house may cause them to be corrected after
- Objects for sale on player vendors are now counted towards your house's storage total
- Added the ability for staff to setup rental properties in-game, so you may start to see some buildings have signs on them with prices at some point.
- Rental properties will work exactly the same as a house except:
- are exempt from House Decay
- may come pre-furnished with static furniture (doesn't count against limit)
- cannot have a Guild assigned nor do Guild features work with it (we may look into creating Guild Rentals as a new feature? no promises)
- Rental properties are tied to your account, but you may own a house and rent property at the same time as they are treated separately
- Rental properties are paid for in 1-week increments and you can pre-pay up to 4 weeks in advance, starting the first day you rent the unit
- Failure to renew rent before the Rental Agreement expires will force eviction after a 3-day grace period
- Rental property evictions will cause the property to be re-listed for renting & the evicted tenant's objects will be packed into storage for later retrieval, but for a cost (we may consider auctions or something if the owner doesn't retrieve their stuff after a time, no promises)
- Rental properties may be located inside of Guards Protection but the interior of the rental property might be Unprotected, depending on the decision of staff for that property
- Added a new Auctioneer's Assistant tool for staff to be able to manually run in-game auctions with players (this should not be confused with an automated auction-house system)
- This new tool will be available for players in the form of an NPC titled the Auctioneer's Assistant. Interacting with this NPC will allow players to view upcoming auctions as well as list items for sale or manage their listed items.
- More Details here: https://wiki.shardsofbritannia.com/en/Auctions
5th May 2022
- a new Tailoring recipe has been added allowing you to craft the new Bear Mask rawr
20th Apr 2022
- Fixed an issue with the new Item Preview feature not working for players
18th Apr 2022
- Hedge Maze is now off-limits for quick travel, and you will not be able to mark runes inside of, nor will you be able to recall/gate to existing runes inside Hedge Maze
- Fixed an issue preventing digging for Treasure Chests from completing in some cases
- Fixed an issue with trying to create a guild not working in some cases; if for some reason the creation of a guild fails going forward, subsequent re-tries should work successfully
- Should be able to engrave items on your vendors now
Hotfix from earlier:
- Bonded Pet skill loss from death has been reduced from 1.0 points to 0.1 when being resurrected by a Player, or 0.2 when being resurrected by an NPC
16th Apr 2022
- Slightly increased payout of fabled carrots inside egg nests & on vorpal bunnies
- Vorpal bunnies will now have a chance to spawn as Enraged which will be tougher and have a chance to drop some easter items and more carrots
- Easter Paragons are now enabled and some mobs, mainly in dungeons, will have a chance to spawn as a Paragon which will have chances to drop easter items and carrots
- Fixed an issue with Vorpal Bunnies spawning in water or out of bounds in some cases
- Fixed an issue with Easter Egg Nest riddle answers not being accepted in some cases
- Each Easter riddle will now only need to be answered correctly once per character
- Note: Most riddles accept multiple correct answers to account for spelling or gramma variations
We will do our best to setup an Easter Invasion that can be self-activated by players using an item bought from the Easter Vendor, depending on available time.
15th Apr 2022
We've added a new Item Preview option to the Veteran Rewards and Vendor Buy windows. Clicking this button will open a container with the object in it briefly so you can see what you will receive. Large items like hearthstones may not appear completely inside the container, we'll try to improve that at some point also.
15th Apr 2022
- Fixed an issue preventing house owners from removing individual friends or co-owners in some cases
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using public teleporters while holding a Faction sigil. You should now be able to use Public Moongates, Ferry Masters, and the Skara Brae Ferry (saying "cross") while holding a Faction sigil, but the use of the Recall spell & portals from the spell Gate Travel is still prevented
14th Apr 2022
- Daily per skill skill-gain maximums have been re-worked. Assuming the caps are reached, it will now take roughly a week to GM a skill instead of around 12 days. In addition to the reduction in overall time, the scale has been adjusted so that the first cap encountered will be in the 80s. Previously this would possibly happen in the low 70s.
- Any existing skill caps will be reset once on login when this update goes live.
- The bonus towards skill gain chance for being well fed has been slightly increased.
- Magic book durability loss chances have been slightly increased.
- Melee stamina damage has been adjusted so that it requires more unmitigated damage to incur stamina damage. This means that low end monsters will inflict even less stamina damage when heavier armor is used relative to high end monsters. The net effect of this is that wearing heavier armor vs low end monsters is less punishing on stamina now and overall stamina damage has been significantly reduced.
- The max stamina damage that can be inflicted in one hit has increased from 8 to 10 stamina damage.
- Unwavering Stance base stamina reduction bonus has been reduced to 10% from 20%. This is to account for reduction in overall stamina damage.
- Aegis stamina reduction bonus has been reduced to 20% from 30%. This is to account for reduction in overall stamina damage.
- Unwavering Stance has a new bonus to weapon accuracy that stacks for a weapon accuracy bonus of up to 30%. This effect is halved in PvP.
- The maximum weapon hit chance with unwavering stance in PvM has been capped at 95%.
Quality of Life and New Player Experience Balancing
- Vendor training skill max raised to 40 from 30.
- Starting stats raised to 100 from 80.
- Additional new player experience books added to starter gear.
- Players will now start with 1200 gold instead of 500.
- Low end monsters will now offer better rewards for new players.
- The amount bandages players start with has been increased.
- Some monsters will now occasionally drop small randomized reagent caches.
- Self bandage timer in PvM is reduced by 2 seconds, unchanged in PvP timer.
- Minimum skill required to cure poison reduced to 40 healing and anatomy in PvM only.
- A base weapon accuracy bonus of 5% has been added vs monsters. (This brings hit chance to around 60% when facing monsters with similar weapon skill.)
- Swordsmanship, Fencing, and Mace Fighting now have more chance to gain dexterity.
- Stat gain chance is now affected by active gameplay bonuses.
- Scribes will now offer to identify magic equipment for a 500 gold fee.
25th Mar 2022
- Added a confirmation pop-up when resurrecting pets, owner must be nearby to confirm (this is to address griefing of res-killing pets to cause skill loss to them)
- Stablemaster may confirm twice when trying to res pets until the next server restart occurs
- Prevented stabling dead pets, must resurrect them first
24th Mar 2022
- Mining has been added to Dagger Isle mountains
- SOS maps are now enabled for Skara Brae and Dagger Isle regions
13th Mar 2022
- Reduced price of Commodity Deeds
- Added "Prevent Unequip From Hotbar" option to Character Settings; un-tick this if you have trouble un-equipping objects from hotbar icons
- Fixed issue with not being able to remove map waypoints
- Improved some spawns, especially dungeons, to help avoid monsters getting stuck
- Prevented trading For Sale items directly from player vendor
- Fixed an issue with dropping a stack of Shimmering Essence onto a magic book causing the whole stack to be consumed instead of just 1; now only 1 will be consumed as intended
- Fixed an issue causing the Prevent Dismount in Warmode option to not work (you may need to re-enable this in Character Options)
- Fixed an issue causing some produce/cooking ingredients (vegetables) to be the incorrect weight; now they should be 0.2 stones per unit
- Switched the dog's model back to wolf for now since there are animation problems with the model that was being used previously
- Fixed an issue with Trash Cans not emptying automatically & add floating speech to indicate when they are emptying
Sacred Runebook & Spellcasting Fixes:
- Added a target request when using Mark option on Sacred Runebook
- Improved Sacred Runebook window layout
- Fixed an issue with using a Runebook ability sometimes causing subsequent spell casts to auto-target erroneously
- Fixed an issue with Runebook Charge chance not being calculated properly for Sacred Runebook
- Fixed an issue with using Sacred Runebook charges erroneously consuming reagents and mana, as well as checking against Magery skill; now Sacred Runebook charges will not attempt to consume reagents or mana, nor will they check for Magery skill
Arena Fixes & Improvements:
- Added confirmation pop-up for leader to start the duel once everyone has clicked Ready
- Added pop-up reminder when clicking Ready to check the Restrictions; please make sure you are starting a duel with the proper settings for your character's skill set!
- Added Duel countdown HUD
- Added Duel Info context option to self-right-click to inspect the details of the duel after it's started
- Fixed an issue with not being able to use the Agility spell in duels
- Fixed issue with Duel Time Limit setting not being obeyed
- Prevented teleporting outside of the arena during a duel
- Prevented using Stuck option during a duel
- Prevented using Ethereal Mounts during a duel if Mounts are not enabled in the Duel Restrictions
- Prevented casting during Duel Countdown
- Prevented performing beneficial acts on opponents during a duel
8th Mar 2022
- Fixed an issue with delays to occur sometimes after switching regions preventing subsequent actions or teleports for several seconds
- Fixed an issue with ethereal mount statues getting stuck in the internal pocket when dismounting until the next log-in
6th Mar 2022
Added a new "Move To Target" option in the house decorating window to easily move objects around
6th Mar 2022
Fixed an issue causing crafted items not to be the right color or the right name
5th Mar 2022
- Fixed an issue with not being able to use the Orc Guildstone
- Fixed an issue with final charge not being consumed in runebooks
- Fixed an issue with not being able to properly craft the Upgrade Level 1 Treasure Map recipe for Cartography
- Balanced ice fishing chances & added chance to find an ice pick
- Added a couple more new items to ice fishing rare loot
- Fixed an issue with Fey Wand being created as a deed in some cases
4th Mar 2022
- Balanced dungeon fishing chances once more
- Improved Vendor Search sorting & window layout
- Shadow Wyrm appearance updated to be semi-transparent like on UO
- Fixed an issue with Wrong & Ice dungeon entrances sometimes causing pets to seemingly disappear
- Fixed an issue causing pets in the stables to still count as an active pet in some cases
- Fixed an issue with being unable to perform any actions at all while paralyzed
- Fixed an issue preventing dueling in some cases or getting stuck during the countdown process
- Fixed issue with Duel Leaderboard not showing player names
- Fixed an issue, again, with some cloaks being equipped to the wrong slot (see the Item Fixer NPC to fix pre-existing cloaks)
2nd Mar 2022
The vote is in! Majority of people want the Vendor Search feature, and your wish has been granted!
We have optimized the system even further and have re-activated it with the single-stone design, and the Vendor Search Stone has been placed in front of Britain Bank once again.
We will monitor the performance of this new version and continue to optimize and improve it as needed.
1st Mar 2022
Happy Mardi Gras! Make sure to log in on your accounts to receive a set of Mardi Gras beads.
If you were logged in already when the handout initially went live, you may have received a set of beads that didn't receive color. This issue has been resolved now, but if you received uncolored beads, you can talk to the Item Fixer NPCs (in Counselor Hall buildings) to have them colorized.
Happy Mardi Gras!
28th Feb 2022
Vendor search has been disabled due to negative feedback from the players, sorry.
27th Feb 2022
- Fixed an issue with pet healthbars not appearing in some cases
- Pet healthbars are now optional and a toggle is included in Character Settings --> General --> Automatically Show Pet Health Bars
- Pet healthbars will now be draggable and obey the Healthbar Style setting
27th Feb 2022
The new Duel & Arena system has been deployed to the live server! Soon you will be able to duel with your friends and enemies. We will be working on setting up the Arenas for use with this, so you may be unable to start duels until those are setup. Check out a video of this system here: https://youtu.be/mSjxk_Pdj5g
27th Feb 2022
After testing the Vendor Search feature for the past few days we have found a performance issue with it and will be disabling it for now.
26th Feb 2022
Yew's Empath Abbey bank has been added! Now we will begin to decorate the interior.
Dagger Isle has had some adjustments made to one of the Points of Interest which are a work-in-progress
Great job Wize!
25th Feb 2022
The experimental Vendor Search feature has been added in the form of a Vendor Search Stone that has been placed at Britain Bank. We will assess how this performs and how it affects the player market to determine if it will stick around permanently. Please stop by and check it out! Happy shopping :)
25th Feb 2022
- balanced availability of higher end fish types
- balanced chances to get fishing nets and MIBs while fishing & added fishing net chance to SOS treasure loot
- increased chance to receive general loot & MIBs in dungeons
- added special loot only available from fishing in dungeons (must be level 90 Fishing or higher)
- fishing in a dungeon may disturb monsters in the water now
- ice picks will now be available for sale on fishing vendors
- you can dig holes for ice fishing on Dagger Isle (must be level 80 Fishing or higher)
- ice fishing provides chances at receiving a special type of fish as well as special loot only available from ice fishing
- ice fishing may disturb some aggressive animals or they may try to steal your fish