Shards of Britannia Rules
By playing on Shards of Britannia or participating in a communications outlet designated for Shards of Britannia, you are agreeing to the rules as they are stated on this page.
There may be some scenarios not covered by these rules yet and because of that the rules are subject to change at any time. We will announce major revisions or amendments, however, you are responsible for keeping yourself informed of the rules at all times.
We aim for a thriving inclusive community without toxicity and it is by that standard the rules will be enforced.
Legends of Aria Terms and Conditions
Account Ownership Limit
- Players are allowed up to 4 accounts per household
- Accounts played on SoB prior to 11/22/22 are considered grandfathered and will not be subject to limitations at this time
- We may offer exceptions for legitimate reasons, for example if multiple people play from the same household or other circumstances that may warrant an exception
- Please Contact Us if you require assistance with account limits
The following rules apply to both in-game characters as well as Discord or elsewhere:
- Names that are sexually explicit, homophobic, racist, discriminatory are not tolerated
- Names should not use real-world political or historical figures
- Inappropriate character names are subject to forced renaming
- Please do not discuss real-world politics, we are a gaming community, let's keep real world issues in the real world
- Hate speech or speech that is otherwise harassing, homophobic, threatening, sexist, racist or about real life illegal activities is not tolerated
- Doxxing, or spreading real-life information on any player or staff member is not tolerated
- Advertising, promoting or soliciting any form of service or product is not allowed with the exception of in-game Shards of Britannia services and items such as player vendors, including advertising other games or servers
- Impersonating Shards of Britannia or Legends of Aria staff either in-game, whether in-game or elsewhere, is not tolerated
- Please try to avoid engaging in PVP related shit-talking discussions in public chat; we don't want to see name-calling and argumentative shout-outs every time someone gets killed by another player; keep it in-game or somewhere private
- People that verbally abuse other players or staff, whether in-game or out-of-game, is not tolerated. Freedom of speech does not mean you can say anything you want without reprecussion. If you behave in a way that is abusive to the team or other players, you may be asked by staff to correct the behavior. Subsequent or repeated toxic behavior is subject to removal of our community, including Discord and/or in-game accounts without further warning. Respect is earned, and if you respect the team we will respect you back.
Bug Abuse, Exploiting
- Blatant abuse of bugs or knowingly abusing bugs or circumstances that give you an advantage that normally wouldn't exist is strictly prohibited and considered toxic behavior
- If you encounter something that doesn't seem like it should be happening, please report it immediately
Third Party Software Tools
- The use of third party software tools that inject into the client, modify the client, access information from the client that would not normally be accessible, are strictly prohibited
- The use of macroing utilities like AutoHotKey, JitBits Macro Recorder, LoU Helper or similar applications is allowed
Unattended Macroing, Resource Harvesting/Gathering
- Unattended gameplay is disallowed for the following cases:
- resource harvesting/gathering (Mining, Lumberjacking, Fishing, Picking Plants, etc)
- PVE, killing monsters & gathering gold
- Macroing for skill-gain or crafting items is allowed
- While resource harvesting/gathering, staff may appear next to you in-game to check if you're away or not. You need to be available at all times to have a conversation with a Counselor or Game Master if they appear next to you while harvesting or you may be subject to jailing
- Fishing is generally seen as acceptable to macro unattended for up to 1 character, having multiple characters Fishing unattended would be conisdered a violation of the rules
Multiboxing, PvP & IP Restrictions, Spy-camming
- Using multiple accounts simultaneously, also known as multiboxing is disallowed for:
- PVP combat or other PVP actions, including Stealing
- Resource harvesting/gathering (Mining, Lumberjacking, Fishing, Picking Plants, etc):
- you should not be harvesting on more than 2 characters at a time
- performing the same kind of harvesting on more than 1 character is not allowed, but mixing the harvesting types between characters is okay, for example: Mining & Lumberjacking: acceptable, Mining & Fishing: acceptable, Lumberjacking & Fishing: acceptable, Fishing & Fishing: unacceptable, Mining & Mining: unacceptable, Lumberjacking & Lumberjacking: unacceptable
- Attempting to circumvent IP address restrictions is strictly forbidden
- Camping characters at dungeon entrances for the purposes of watching out for other players is not allowed, otherwise known as Spy-Camming
- Selling, buying, trading of in-game goods or services anywhere for real world goods or services is prohibited. No real money transactions. This includes digital currency.
- Selling, buying, trading of in-game goods or services anywhere outside of the server or the game is prohibited. No cross-server/game transactions.
Account Liability, Guilt by Association
- You are personally responsible for all actions that happen on your account(s) even if someone else is using it
- Being associated with other players that are caught doing something against the rules may be subject to have your account reviewed as well. If you are friends with someone that you know is abusing something or that may have the potential to be benefitted from, the best thing to do is make sure issues are reported and encourage everyone to play fair for the welfare of the project
Modification of game files
Any modification of game files is strictly prohibited. This includes the launcher, client files and any other game-related files in use by you. This is a bannable offense, and where the client files are concerned, a violation of the Legends of Aria Terms of Service.
- Staff will not discuss player incidents or actions taken against accounts in chat, in-game, or otherwise
- Questions or comments about player incidents or actions taken against accounts in public channels will be subject to moderation/removal
- Jail sentences are served with in-game time only, so any jailed characters need to be logged in to serve their time
- If you wish to discuss a matter involving the rules please Contact Us
This page was last updated 2023-02-18 08:59