Query: patchnote found 759 results
27th Jul 2023
We've added a simple Bestiary option to characters when right-clicking a player character, that will open a menu listing all of the monsters the character has been recorded killing. For now it's just for fun, but we may add on to this in the future.
- consolidated Bestiary entries by monster/being name to eliminate duplicate entries (for example multiple entries of "ogre lord")
- added Bestiary tracking for pet kills, now when you kill a monster/being with your pets the kills will be tracked in your Bestiary (not retroactive)
27th Jul 2023
Updated to Character Reflections regarding Undead status:
- added Undead status to character reflections
- Undead status will now appear in each reflection's description
- when you save a new reflection it will save your current Undead state with the reflection
- pre-existing reflections prior to this patch will be
Undead = Nay
- added ability for characters that are currently Undead to add the Undead flag to already-saved reflections (cannot be undone)
- look for the skull icon button on the left of the reflections list
17th Jul 2023
State of the Test Center:
- currently ONLINE & available for everyone to connect to it at
- only Minoc & Shame regions are online
- /editequip command enabled for quickly modifying equipment items
- added testing vendors to Minoc Bank
- added crafting benches to Minoc Bank
NOTICE: These changes are currently only available on the Test Center for testing purposes & are subject to change at any time
- can now mine inside of dungeons for a
10% (now 25%) higher chance to receive metals above Iron
- 🆕mining in Dungeons provides a 10% bonus to the chance of finding a Rich Vein which yields more metal than usual
- right click a qualifying item in your backpack to Insure it (no stackables, no containers, no blessed/cursed)
- cost based on item factors starting at as low as 150gp and as high as 30k+ for some items, depending on the item's properties
- gold is consumed immediately, one-time
- upon death the item stays with you
- if you die to a player, they get 50% of the insurance fee in gold coins added to their backpack
- optional Auto-Renew (this can be toggled in character settings): upon resurrecting you are charged for all of the insured items in your backpack again, unless you cannot afford it all, then any remaining items become uninsured
- 🆕players are limited initially to 3 insured items per characters with the option to upgrade to a max of 8 slots currently (subject to change)
- 🆕upgrading the insured items limit for your characer will cost 20k to start, doubling with each upgrade
- 🆕players are prevented from moving insured items outside of their backpack/paperdoll
Cleaning Up Britannia - Holiday Items:
- can trash or throw-out prior-years holiday items in the Cleaning up Britannia trash bin in exchange for Points to be spent at the Cleaning Up Britannia vendor
- only items 6 months or older will be accepted
- items that were transferred from Celador to Britannia are worth 4 points each & any Holiday items (6 months or older) are worth 2 points each & some items may have a higher value
- any qualifying stackable items, like prior years' holiday currency, are worth a fraction of a point per item
- future holidays will give players options to convert a part of their CUB points to the current year's holiday currency or they can be spent immediately for items on the CUB vendor, see below
- currently for sale on the vendor:
- portable CUB trash bag for 1 point
- 25k gold check for 25 points
- Name Change Deed for 50 points
- Pet Bonding Deed for 100 points
- Clothing Bless Deeds (slotted) for 200 points
- Ethereal Horse Statue (500 charges) for 250 points
- Universal CBD for 450 points
- 🆕we will also be adding a generic Cleaning Up Britannia trash system to offer points in exchange for other non-Holiday related items like common treasures
NOTICE: These changes are currently only available on the Test Center for testing purposes & are subject to change at any time
Please keep an eye on #test-patch-notes for the most up-to-date info
15th Jul 2023
Unwavering Stance, Unyielding Might
- Attention all valiant tanks of Britannia! Prepare to fortify your defenses and become an unstoppable force on the battlefield. We're thrilled to announce Phase 2 of the Tank Build overhaul, packed with incredible improvements that will revolutionize your tanking experience.
- Prepare to ascend to new heights of tanking prowess as we unveil the latest enhancements to empower your playstyle. Experience the thrill of unyielding protection with the newly unending Unwavering Stance ability, ensuring that no foe can escape your attention. Say farewell to sluggish movements and taunts as the penalties have been reduced, enabling you to assert your dominance on the battlefield.
Camping: A Group Endeavor!
- Gather your comrades around the campfire, for we have exciting news to share. Camping has undergone a remarkable improvement, providing benefits not just to the campfire creator but to all nearby group members as well. Basic campfires now extend their bonuses to every member of the group, forging stronger bonds of camaraderie. And for those who seek the utmost security, secured campfires will grant additional bonuses when shared among group members.
Join the Vanguard of Tank Builds Today!
With these incredible enhancements, the Tank Build in Shards of Britannia has reached new heights. Embrace the power of Runic Shields, utilize Unwavering Stance, and lead your group to victory. As tanks, you are the embodiment of resilience and strength, ensuring the survival of your allies in the face of overwhelming odds.
Remember, these changes are just the beginning! We are committed to continually improving your gaming experience in Shards of Britannia. Stay tuned for more exhilarating updates as we expand the boundaries of adventure and deliver thrilling content. Sharpen your blades, rally your companions, and let the legends of your tanking prowess resound throughout Britannia!
1st Jul 2023
We've [again] fixed the issue causing the 'add target' not to repeat properly when selecting small BODs to combine with larges, or when adding single items to small BODs.
1st Jul 2023
A hotfix has been deployed for an issue with the Character Reflections window not opening in some cases
28th Jun 2023
Tired of typing username and password for every account?
Now you can save accounts directly into the launcher and switch between them.
Make sure you close completely the launcher and reopen it to download the update.
27th Jun 2023
Recent hotfixes, additions, changes & fixes:
- Added a new 'Toggle Hotbar Labels' option on the updated Mini-map Hotbar Options button (dropdown arrow)
- Added Taxidermy Kit for sale on Carpenters and Tinkers
- Added ability to 'minimize' the Macro Playing window. Now when you click the X to close it, it will minimize to a Progress Bar that appears under your character, you can click the X next to the progress bar to stop the macro from playing
- Prevented adding Fabled & Special Fishing Nets to the House Resource Chest
- Prevented use of Soulstones while you have any Character Reflections stored
- Prevented Stealing for 2 minutes after being resurrected
- Fixed issue with the Donation Resurrection Ankh not being usable for characters on a Patron-linked account
- Fixed issue with player characters that are banned from a house not being ejected from the house when they enter as a ghost in some cases
- Fixed issue with being able to remove from a stack of items inside a buried Treasure Chest to avoid triggering the spawn
- Fixed issue with the Repeat option not working in Macros
- Fixed issue with attempting to teleport to a ship from it's key causing a cooldown to apply even if you are not able to teleport right away, now it will only apply once you've teleported
- Fixed issue with summoned Blade Spirits & Energy Vortex not aggroing 100% of the time
- Fixed issue with sandals that were obtained originally as Black that are also dyable; the sandals have had the Dyable flag removed and their color restored, it is not intended for any Sandals to be Dyable at this time
- Fixed issue with the Golden Fishing Rod being salvageable, this also fixed an issue with the rods being repairable—tools in general, like fishing rods, are not intended to be repaired at this time
- Fixed an issue with house Mannequins when using the Select Location option and hitting escape causing the mannequin to be moved to 0x0
- Fixed the Friends button on the Button Bar not doing anything
Note: Some or all of these changes may require a server reboot to take effect.
26th Jun 2023
Important Bulk Order updates:
- Completed Bulk Order Deeds now have a numeric Point value in addition to it's Gold value
- Instead of receiving a random, sometimes junky reward, when turning in BODs, now you will receive Bulk Order Points to spend in the new Bulk Order Reward menu
- You can now talk to Tailor & Blacksmith vendors to invoke the Bulk Order Reward menu at any time
- Bulk Order Points are saved to your character and points are separated by skill and do not combine
- The point & gold values for all BODs and Reward items have been re-balanced to be more in line with the new point system & our current economy
Additional BOD changes:
- Added 'Auto-collect' option to BOD Books to have BODs try to go to designated books when obtaining them from shopkeepers (right click book to use)
- Added Sandals to Tailoring BOD reward list
- Added random reward color to the Aprons, Kilts & Sandals
- Added missing Tier 5 random reward color clothing options (previously could only get clothes with color up to T4)
- Added missing Tier 5 random reward color single use clothing dye bottle (previously could only get dyes with color up to T4)
- Added new Heraldry Banners to Tailoring BOD reward list
- Added Blacksmith & Tailoring Kilts to rewards lists
- Skill Bonus equipment: If you wear multiple items that have a skill bonus, of the same skill, the highest bonus will be applied and that item used for consuming charges if applicable, instead of stacking the bonuses (for example, if you have a +15 Apron equipped and you put on a +20 Kilt, then only the +20 Kilt will apply and charges would only be consumed from the Kilt)
- Added 25 charges to Miner's Apron/Kilt and a small chance for charges to be consumed while Mining when the Miner's Apron/Kilt is worn (retroactive)
- Removed plain cloak from the Tailoring BOD reward list
- Removed Bedroll from the Tailoring BOD recipes list (affects new BODs only)
Other fixes & additions:
- Added Fame reward to completing Escort quests
- Added support for Mining with shovels
- Corrected invalid shovel tooltip from saying they can be used for Gardening and Sand Digging
- Fixed issue with fabric color not being retained with crafting with colored cloth
- Fixed issue with normal crafted Aprons not being blessable
- Fixed Fame not being obtained from killing monsters
- Fixed issue with toggling backpack sometimes opening the Preview Item backpack instead
- Fixed issue with descriptor of Fame reward erroneously taking the player's current fame into account causing confusion with the resulting message
- Fixed issue with Prospector's Tool not having a descriptive tooltip
- Fixed issue with 'Clothing Bless Deed: Legs' not being able to bless aprons, kilts & sandals
26th Jun 2023
Unique Housing Decorations Vendor Unveiled at East Britain Pavilion:
Attention, noble adventurers! A new vendor has set up shop at the prestigious East Britain Pavilion, offering an exquisite range of housing decorations. These unique items are exclusively available for purchase using noble coins, a rare form of currency. While noble coins can be obtained from chests found in Orc camps, they are indeed a rare find. Players are encouraged to embark on daring quests and conquer challenging encounters to amass these valuable coins. Bring a touch of elegance and grandeur to your virtual abode with these remarkable housing decorations! Be sure to check in regularly for new items.
Exciting Updates to Fishing Loot:
For avid anglers and aspiring fishermen, new loot has been added! Cast your virtual fishing lines into the picturesque waters and prepare to reel in a bountiful haul. The updated fishing loot promises an enhanced variety of valuable treasures, rare items, and even potential surprises. Cast your lines strategically, hone your fishing skills, and uncover the secrets that lie beneath the surface of Britannia's lakes and rivers.
Little Rock Vendor's Inventory Gets an Upgrade:
Good news for those who frequent the Little Rock Vendor! This beloved merchant, known for their diverse assortment of wares, has received a substantial inventory update. Prepare to be dazzled by a few new selections of items!
26th Jun 2023
All-New Dungeon Stealing System for Thieves
Calling all cunning thieves! Prepare to put your skills to the test with the introduction of an exciting dungeon stealing system. Brace yourself as rare treasures will now randomly spawn throughout various dungeons, enticing thieves to sneak in and attempt to steal them. Take on the challenge and prove your mastery in the shadows of Britannia!
Enhancements to Lumberjack Skill and Heavy Weapons
The lumberjacks of Britannia are in for a treat with improved skill gain mechanics. As you swing your trusty axes, the Lumberjack skill will now progress at an accelerated pace. Furthermore, both the Large Battle Axe and Two-handed Axe will be classified as heavy weapons, granting lumberjacks a unique advantage. At the pinnacle of their craft, Grandmaster lumberjacks will enjoy increased damage. Embrace the call of the forests and excel as a true lumberjack!
Tanking Overhaul Phase 1: Superior Shields with Magical Enhancements
Blacksmiths, the time has come to wield even greater power on the battlefield! With the Tanking Overhaul, you can now utilize Runic hammers to forge shields of superior quality, surpassing any previous creations. But that's not all – the material or metal type used in the shield's construction will directly impact the nature and strength of the magical properties imbued within. Explore different materials and unleash shields with unique and powerful magical effects, tailoring your tanking style to match your playstyle.
The introduction of Phase 1 of the Tanking Overhaul ushers in a new era of tanking gameplay in Shards of Britannia. Blacksmiths will play a crucial role in fortifying their allies and standing as the last line of defense against formidable foes. With the ability to craft shields with material-based magical properties, tanks will possess an unmatched level of protection and versatility in battle.
Stay tuned for further updates and surprises as we continue to expand the realm of Britannia and bring you even more exciting content. Sharpen your blades, gather your guild, and venture forth into the immersive world of Shards of Britannia!
11th Jun 2023
Undead pets and Necromancer taming are now live.
Get to work and explore to figure out how to awaken them.
- Known issue: If you have any problem with existing Nightmare pets, open a support ticket.
4th Jun 2023
We have implemented AI enhancements to specific bosses, aiming to provide a greater challenge. This process is ongoing, and we continuously refine and adjust these modifications. Your feedback is highly valued and significantly influences our decision-making.
Moreover, there are new magical loot items available from various MOBs. These items can either enhance or counter specific abilities or spells used by our new AI. Brave warriors, go forth and seek them out!
22nd May 2023
Fixed an issue with Level 5 Treasure Maps not being diggable
16th May 2023
We've fixed an issue with the Necromancer Death Ward spell not being interrupted properly when being killed by Town Guards, it is not an intended mechanic to avoid town-guard-punishment
15th May 2023
- Introduced more challenging MOBs into Deviously Drawn T-Maps.
- Added new loot within Deviously Drawn T-Maps.
- Enhanced the drop rate of dungeon tokens in Shame.
11th May 2023
- New loot has been added to dungeon fishing
- Blood & Acid Elementals in Shame now have a higher chance to drop dungeon tokens
10th May 2023
You can now set any item to Not For Sale on your player vendors
9th May 2023
- Fixed an issue with not being able to dig fishing hole with Ice Pick
- Fixed an issue with Level 5 Treasure Maps not being diggable
- Fixed an issue with Pigment Dyes not dying leather armor
8th May 2023
- Not only can you fish for tokens in the Britain Moat, but we have also reintroduced the original loot for you to enjoy!
5th May 2023
- There's a new merchant located at the entrance of level 1 Shame who sells goods in exchange for dungeon tokens. These tokens have a chance of being dropped by any MOBs found within Shame.
4th May 2023
- Fixed an issue preventing criminals from teleporting at all while in combat resulting in error "cannot enter no combat area" this should now only occur when actually trying to enter a No Combat area
4th May 2023
- A new donation vendor selling banners has now been placed in Yew (images on the SoB Wiki).
- Various loot pools such as SOS treasure chests now contain Banner dye bottles!
3rd May 2023
We've identified an issue with Veteran Rewards for accounts that accounts that existed before the launch of Britannia on June 20, 2021. During the transition from Celador to Britannia we had attempted to clear everyone's Veteran Rewards records at that time, but it seems that several accounts still had old Veteran Reward records from prior to the launch of Britannia. These records have now been cleared, so if you transferred from Celador to Britannia in 2021 and you had issues with your Veteran Rewards, please check them again and you will find the old records have been erased.
1st May 2023
- Improved monster AI to prevent them from attacking 100% of the time when you enter their range, now they will have a small chance to ignore you, buying you a few seconds to maneuver around them
- Slightly increased delays between pet & town-vender wandering ticks
- Added additional measures to prevent players from entering No Combat areas while in combat
- Murderer Restrictions: Fixed an issue with characters being able to perform hostile actions against innocent players in dungeons while being murderer restricted in some cases
- Murderer Restrictions: Fixed an issue with murderers being able to resurrect via wandering healer or ankh in dungeons, if they exist, while being murderer restricted
- Added Moonglow to character creation town selection
- Improved Hiding skill to allow hiding near other beings when you have not been engaged in combat with any beings recently and are not criminal
28th Apr 2023
- An issue has been resolved with normal (cloth) dyetubs not being able to dye some qualifying items
- An issue has been resolved with the Demon Skull Mask not being blessable
- An issue has been resolved with Patrons houses not being updated to reflect changes in Tier in some cases; going forward if you make a change to your pledge tier, all houses will be updated to reflect the new tier. If you changed your pledge tier recently and your house did not get updated please (contact us)[https://shardsofbritannia.com/contact] for assistance
15th Apr 2023
(Again/Finally) We've corrected the issue with the Easter Statue showing the wrong year, it's also now dyable using a Furniture dye-tub! If your statue from this year still shows 2022 or cannot be dyed, please use the "My new Easter item says 2022" option on the Easter Vendor to have it updated.
14th Apr 2023
We've fixed an issue preventing you from placing the Lapis Lazuli Egg
13th Apr 2023
- We've fixed an issue with legacy Hitching Post deeds not working; after the next restart, all broken deeds will be auto-corrected, or you can talk to an Item Fixer vendor to ask it to be fixed before then
- Normal Hitching Post has been re-added to Carpentry recipes
- Normal Hitching Posts will now have a 250gp fee to stable pets & 1 hour cooldown to unstable pets
- Veteran Reward & Donation Hitching Posts will have NO stable fee and NO unstable cooldowns, and they remain Account Bound
- Hitching posts will now have tooltips added to show the Cost to Stable & Unstable Cooldown
- Normal Unstable Fees still apply