Query: news found 873 results
11th May 2023
- New loot has been added to dungeon fishing
- Blood & Acid Elementals in Shame now have a higher chance to drop dungeon tokens
10th May 2023
It's time for another Bazaar! We're back at Moonglow Lyceaum again this time, and vendor spots can be rented until July 1st. We've installed a separate Vendor Search stone at the Lyceaum as well. Happy buying & selling!
PS: There's a new rental property available next to the Lyceaum now as well.
10th May 2023
You can now set any item to Not For Sale on your player vendors
9th May 2023
- Fixed an issue with not being able to dig fishing hole with Ice Pick
- Fixed an issue with Level 5 Treasure Maps not being diggable
- Fixed an issue with Pigment Dyes not dying leather armor
8th May 2023
Happy Monday! We hope you're having a great day. We have just a few reminders and clarifications for you today:
Discord Support Tickets are currently on Vacation, see: https://shardsofbritannia.com/news/support-options-update
Britain Moat Fishing: We have fixed the issue with not obtaining uncommon items and tokens from the Britain Moat. Please be aware, it is against the rules to use multiple characters to fish at the same time & you should not be using a Young character for Moat Fishing (this will be patched out soon)
8th May 2023
- Not only can you fish for tokens in the Britain Moat, but we have also reintroduced the original loot for you to enjoy!
5th May 2023
- There's a new merchant located at the entrance of level 1 Shame who sells goods in exchange for dungeon tokens. These tokens have a chance of being dropped by any MOBs found within Shame.
4th May 2023
- Fixed an issue preventing criminals from teleporting at all while in combat resulting in error "cannot enter no combat area" this should now only occur when actually trying to enter a No Combat area
4th May 2023
- A new donation vendor selling banners has now been placed in Yew (images on the SoB Wiki).
- Various loot pools such as SOS treasure chests now contain Banner dye bottles!
3rd May 2023
Recently we identified and resolved an issue with Rental Properties. Specifically, if you rented a property and the rent expired from not paying, you probably received notice that your rental property belongings have been packed up and can be retrieved from the Account Vault. If you had a rental property prior to March 3rd, 2023 and the items from your rental were not recoverable, your items may still be stored and can be retrieved by staff. If you had this happen, please contact us for assistance and we will do our best to try to recover your items.
3rd May 2023
We've identified an issue with Veteran Rewards for accounts that accounts that existed before the launch of Britannia on June 20, 2021. During the transition from Celador to Britannia we had attempted to clear everyone's Veteran Rewards records at that time, but it seems that several accounts still had old Veteran Reward records from prior to the launch of Britannia. These records have now been cleared, so if you transferred from Celador to Britannia in 2021 and you had issues with your Veteran Rewards, please check them again and you will find the old records have been erased.
1st May 2023
- Improved monster AI to prevent them from attacking 100% of the time when you enter their range, now they will have a small chance to ignore you, buying you a few seconds to maneuver around them
- Slightly increased delays between pet & town-vender wandering ticks
- Added additional measures to prevent players from entering No Combat areas while in combat
- Murderer Restrictions: Fixed an issue with characters being able to perform hostile actions against innocent players in dungeons while being murderer restricted in some cases
- Murderer Restrictions: Fixed an issue with murderers being able to resurrect via wandering healer or ankh in dungeons, if they exist, while being murderer restricted
- Added Moonglow to character creation town selection
- Improved Hiding skill to allow hiding near other beings when you have not been engaged in combat with any beings recently and are not criminal
1st May 2023
It is intended for all characters to be able to enter, traverse and hang out in towns no matter their notoriety state. To be clear, murderers are allowed to enter protected towns and hangout, but they are unable to use any vendors in town, and they are subject to being attacked by anyone as well as being Guard whacked if they commit any crimes. Furthermore, it's intended for all characters to be able to enter the West Britain Bank rooftop hangout, even murderers. Combat is prevented from this space, as well as using the ladders/teleporters to the roof after engaging in combat, so there should be no concern about this. To learn more about how the Criminal System & Guards work, check out the Notoriety wiki page: https://wiki.shardsofbritannia.com/en/notoriety
30th Apr 2023
We're aware of some unexpected behavior with draggable UI elements. Yesterday the team deployed a small patch to the SoB Launcher to try to resolve the long-standing issue with draggable UI elements not saving their positions until you log-out completely. The change deployed makes the client save draggable UI element positions periodically, every 30 seconds currently. Since there's reports of unexpected behavior, we're looking into the reports and will improve things as needed.
28th Apr 2023
- An issue has been resolved with normal (cloth) dyetubs not being able to dye some qualifying items
- An issue has been resolved with the Demon Skull Mask not being blessable
- An issue has been resolved with Patrons houses not being updated to reflect changes in Tier in some cases; going forward if you make a change to your pledge tier, all houses will be updated to reflect the new tier. If you changed your pledge tier recently and your house did not get updated please (contact us)[https://shardsofbritannia.com/contact] for assistance
25th Apr 2023
The Easter egg hunt has officially ended for the season, we hope you had fun hopping around collecting carrots and smashing eggs! Reminder: The Easter Vendor will remain until June 1st!
18th Apr 2023
We're aware of an issue with Magic Trap not persisting on containers across server transitions.
To clarify, when you cast Magic Trap onto a container and then go into a dungeon or another town, the trap goes away but the container stays red like it's trapped & that is not intended.
We will work to improve this as time permits. The best known workaround currently is to trap or re-trap your containers when you arrive in a new area. Static Crystals do not exhibit the same behavior, so they may be a desired alternative to the Magic Trap spell until this issue is resolved.
We apologize for the inconvenience but thank you for your patience while we work to address your feedback.
15th Apr 2023
(Again/Finally) We've corrected the issue with the Easter Statue showing the wrong year, it's also now dyable using a Furniture dye-tub! If your statue from this year still shows 2022 or cannot be dyed, please use the "My new Easter item says 2022" option on the Easter Vendor to have it updated.
14th Apr 2023
We've fixed an issue preventing you from placing the Lapis Lazuli Egg
13th Apr 2023
- We've fixed an issue with legacy Hitching Post deeds not working; after the next restart, all broken deeds will be auto-corrected, or you can talk to an Item Fixer vendor to ask it to be fixed before then
- Normal Hitching Post has been re-added to Carpentry recipes
- Normal Hitching Posts will now have a 250gp fee to stable pets & 1 hour cooldown to unstable pets
- Veteran Reward & Donation Hitching Posts will have NO stable fee and NO unstable cooldowns, and they remain Account Bound
- Hitching posts will now have tooltips added to show the Cost to Stable & Unstable Cooldown
- Normal Unstable Fees still apply
13th Apr 2023
- Winners of the lottery will now have their winnings added directly to their bank's Deposit Balance instead of needing to log in first to receive them
- Lottery stones will now roll-over 25% of the jackpot each week. Winners will still receive the same amount of the proceeds collected, but instead of 50% going to the house, 25% will roll-over and only 25% will go to the house
12th Apr 2023
Three new items have been added to the Easter Vendor.
- Egg Eyed Chest
- Lapis Lazuli Egg
- Easter Island Statue
11th Apr 2023
Reminder: After you place your guild you can destroy your guild stone without affecting your guild. This allows you to move the guild stone between houses. The guild master can re-place the guild by saying "I wish to place a guild stone"
10th Apr 2023
The first wave of Steam account to regular account transfers has been completed. Please check the email address you used on the form for details.
If you did not receive an email and you had previously submitted a transfer request, it means you did not fill out the form correctly. Please visit the form via https://shardsofbritannia/play and try again. Please do use the video that we have shared on the process to ensure you give us the correct details.
9th Apr 2023
The Easter Vendor now trades carrots for Easter items obtained from 2022 and 2023
8th Apr 2023
An option has been added to the Easter Vendor to correct items that say Easter 2022 instead of 2023. Sorry for the oversight!
8th Apr 2023
The Easter Egg hunt has commenced! Easter Egg Nests will be scattered throughout the overworld for you to find. Double click the eggs to try opening them for fun surprises and goodies! Monsters also have a chance to spawn as Easter Paragon which can also drop Easter carrots and goodies.
Collect Fabled Carrots to spend at the Easter Vendor who can be found on the Britain Bank Roof. They will also buy some of the items you may get from the eggs in exchange for more Fabled Carrots.
The Carrot & Egg Hunt will be live until April 24th and we will try our best to do some planned and/or spontaneous events throughout the week. The Easter vendor will be available until June 1st
8th Apr 2023
We are aware of an issue with patron benefits reflecting in game at the moment and are working to resolve the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.
Update: This issue has been resolved (again) and Patron Benefits should start updating again momentarily, sorry for the interruption!
6th Apr 2023
Fixed an issue preventing characters from joining a faction when they are in a guild that has a faction assigned already
5th Apr 2023
For those of you that are still waiting for a Steam account transfer we have not yet completed it and don't have an ETA for you. If you are using a steam account please continue to play the Steam account until we have advised you otherwise thank you